What is it? Why is it important?
The services of the Swiss Biobanking Platform (SBP) are based on three pillars
1. Quality services (SQAN), where the SBP:
- Provides standardised supporting documents for the set-up of a biobank (e.g. biobanking governance, SOPs, records and forms)
- Awards biobanking quality certificates (SBP Labels). Through an application procedure, biobank owners can apply for applicable Quality-Labels (QL). QLs confirm compliance with a minimal set of quality requirements
2. Visibility (SBP NExT), where SBP manages:
- An online platform operating like a biobank directory (e.g. called NExT). Here researchers can interconnect and gain access to BM and its affiliated data
3. Interoperability (SBP BIMS), where SPB provides users with:
- A Biobank Information System (BIMS). Data is documented in a standardized manner making it increasingly comparable and searchable. Standardizing data and its documentation will facilitate the exchange of BM between researchers and promote its use
What do I need to do?
Take the opportunity to visit the SBP website and learn more about its proposed services. In addition, you can attend SBP training courses with the aim to improve and harmonize key biobanking activities.
Sign up for the SBP newsletter to receive information on:
- New releases regarding supporting documents, services and biobanking tools
- The current biobanking network and its members
- Planed and upcoming biobanking events
Where can I get help?
Your local CTU↧ can support you with experienced staff regarding this topic
Basel, Departement Klinische Forschung, CTU, dkf.unibas.ch
Lugano, Clinical Trials Unit, CTU-EOC, www.ctueoc.ch
Bern, Clinical Trials Unit, CTU, www.ctu.unibe.ch
Geneva, Clinical Research Center, CRC, crc.hug.ch
Lausanne, Clinical Research Center, CRC, www.chuv.ch
St. Gallen, Clinical Trials Unit, CTU, www.kssg.ch
Zürich, Clinical Trials Center, CTC, www.usz.ch
The Swiss Biobanking Platform (SBP) can provide you with support on this topic - see in particular
- SBP NExT: Visibility with a national network of Swiss biobanks
- SBP Labels: Quality with biobanking best practice standards
- SBP BIMS: Interoperability to promote exchange and use of BM
SOPs, Forms and Templates – see in particular
- Core dataset for liquid
- Core dataset for tissue